Tuesday, August 12, 2014

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Two.Seven.Four!  Yes that is Jake's new number (as he says it)!  Jake's platelet count is at 274,000!!!  Praise the Lord!

So, with the fabulous news out of the way since I couldn't contain it....he obviously had his blood drawn today.  John took him in since it was my first day back to work.  Jake was persistent with getting his finger pricked since that is what they did last time.  The lab was able to do it for him and that calmed his nerves a bunch.  We were able to cancel his appointment for tomorrow to see Dr. Kane since everything came back good.  Jake will go back to see him in four weeks.  :)  We are so excited for this news.

Two weeks ago we had good news but a part of me was reserved since he had just come off steroids and we knew there was a possibility that he ONLY had high numbers because of the steroids.  With this news today, it confirms that Jake's body is back on track and not attacking/killing his platelets as it started doing.  He hasn't been on any medicine since July 28th.  I can finally breath!  About a week ago I was praying and finally just told God, "I give it all to you."  As much as I pray, I shocked myself that I had not done this already.  I had not told him this....I told him I knew he had a plan and other things we all say but I had not actually given it to him.  I told him I would not worry about it, I believed in him, and knew we would be able to handle whatever the outcome was.  I'm not sure what God's reason was for this awful thing happening to Jake but I will not ever take either one of my children for granted.  I would like to think I didn't do this before, but honestly I probably did.  I hurt for parents that have sick children, there really is nothing worse than seeing your child hurt, sick, or just fighting off a disease.  I'm way more patient than I was and we all know that needed some work.  I sympathize with others that have health issues because not only does that affect your 'health' but your state of mind as well.  It is so hard to not worry about a sick relative or friend and really wears you down as well.  

Tonight I am thankful.  Thankful for our friends as family that have prayed so hard for us the past six weeks.  I'm thankful for those of you we don't personally know but you still prayed-that is the best gift we could have ever received from you!  
Tonight I am at peace.  My heart doesn't hurt for my son.  I really know everything will be okay now.
Tonight I am smiling and can't help it.
Tonight I will sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to add comments, share the page with others, write scriptures that you love or share advice with me on ITP.