Monday, July 28, 2014

GOT A WHAT IN HIS FOOT?!?

July 22, 2014

It's been pretty calm since the last update.  I was able to start working in my new classroom since the floors were done.  I got a job for the next year in town.  Still teaching fourth grade, but no more driving, I'll be right up the road from my house and I'll teach at Jaden's school.  It is much easier to go work in your room for just a little while at a time instead of planning the whole day (and more than on at that) like I had to when I worked in Copperas Cove.  

Jackie came over to help me in my room and just to have someone to talk to while I was working.  We were not at school for 30 minutes when John called.  "I might have to take Jake to the ER."  
"What?!?  Why?  What do you mean might?"
"He got a hook stuck in his foot."

I hung up and Jackie and I headed out.  Another nice thing about being 2 minutes away :)

We got home and John was sitting outside with Jake.  Jake holds up his foot, "Look mom!  I got a hook in my toe!  That's silly!!" 

I swear....this boy!  If it isn't one thing it's another.  If it is going to happen, it will happen to Jake.  So to answer questions:
1.  No, he wasn't really fishing.
2.  Yes, John was watching him.
3.  No, he wasn't crying with this either.
4.  Jake had dumped out his tackle box prior to this and he has carpet in his room.  Even though we thought everything was picked up, apparently this hook was missed.  He got it just by walking in his room barefoot!

Jackie started working to get the hook out.  I called his doctor to see what to do.  I hated to go to the ER with all the other stuff going on if we didn't need to.  Turns out we just had to use wire cutters to clip one end of the hook and pull it out backwards.  John had just started that but it was relieving to hear someone else say to do that as well.  So, out came the hook and Jake ran off to play!  Oh, and no need for a tetanus shot since he just had his four year shots a couple months before.

Here is a picture of the hook in his toe....it's the only one John took but from the other side you could see how deep it was in there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to add comments, share the page with others, write scriptures that you love or share advice with me on ITP.